Implementation period: 2018-01-01 - 2020-03-31
Division: Division of Biogenic Raw Materials, The Division of Strategic Research
Title of the project: Sustainable management of phosphorus in the Baltic region (InPhos)
Project “Sustainable management of phosphorus in the Baltic region” (InPhos), no. 17022 (2018-2020) received funding from the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) – a body of the European Union, under the Horizon 2020 program.
The main objective of the InPhos project is to develop a strategy for sustainable phosphorus management in the Baltic Sea Region by a working group of experts from the Baltic countries – Poland, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Italy. Strategic goals of the project:
• identification of best practices regarding the sustainable use of phosphorus in developed countries,
• identification of phosphorus recovery potential in the Baltic Sea region,
• transfer of knowledge and development of solutions for the sustainable use of phosphorus in the Baltic Sea Region,
• promotion of closing the phosphorus cycle in the Baltic Sea Region, in accordance with the assumptions of the circular economy (GOZ),
• raising environmental awareness of the inhabitants of the Baltic Sea Region.
The project is carried out in cooperation of the Division of Strategic Research & the Division of Biogenic Raw Materials. More information is available on the project website: www.inphos.info.
Contact: dr. Marzena Smol, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.