From tradition to modernity
The idea of establishing the Mineral and Energy Economy Research Institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences dates back to the eighties of the last century.
In 1986, the Department of Basic Research on Mineral Resources was founded, then transformed in 1998 into the Centre for Fundamental Problems of Mineral Resources and Energy Management of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
At present, the Institute is an important research and development institution, contributing to scientific and research progress in the field of mineral and energy management in Poland and abroad.
The institute in numbers:
- over 30 years of activity,
- the high academic standing of the institute (category “A” in parametric evaluation of scientific units),
- we have the right to confer the degree of Doctor of Mining and Engineering Geology,
- more than 100 employees, including about 50 scientists,
- the scientific division of the Institute covers four departments and several specialized divisions,
- we publish approximately 150 scientific publications per year, including over 30 at JCR publications,
- 70-90 research projects are carried out each year, including 5-10 international ones,
- we cooperate with several foreign and more than 20 domestic research units,
- the Institute carries out research for more than 100 businesses in Poland and abroad.
Please visit our web page for more information on our history, mission, academic profile of the Institute, the research interests of our employees, and the completed projects and conferences.